Replicate best sales practices.
Grow & scale results
Keys for building a productive Sales Playbook
Every Sales Playbook should have 2 important parts:
- 1) Sales: Increase focus on HPAs (high payoff activities) and best sales practices on best targets
- 2) Sales Management: Focus on training, growing and developing the team to grow their team in Quality & Quantity. Implement it consistently
Build buy-in with your team: It’s important to build buy-in. Get your people contributing to build it.
- The Playbook will be more valuable to them when they help build it. If it’s just “handed” to them without their inputs, it will be less valuable and buy-in drops. It won’t get used.
Building a Playbook is “ongoing.” Your marketplace constantly changes. It requires continuing updates.
- It’s an ongoing process of build, train & practice, execute and improve.
- Key People in Key Spots: Develop or hire true sales professionals. And effective Sales Managers that train, grow and develop the team in higher Quality and Quantity – and provide can-do leadership.
- Rank Team: Know who you have on your team, where and how to improve, and deal with underperformers
- Profile the Position: Develop a clear profile of each position, and what is required to excel in 5 key areas: Attitude, Skills, Activities, Day in the Life & Results
- Mindset/Attitude: Develop a team that is Coachable and Takes Action on ideas to improve
- Recruiting/Upgrading: An ongoing recruiting process and an active list of target recruiting candidates
- Goal Achievement Plan: A written, committed, and focused action plan to achieve each sales person’s personal goals, including Minimum Performance Standards
- Sales Process/Scorecard: A defined sales process tool that includes Steps, High Payoff Activities, Standards of Measurement, Best Sales Practices, with Training & Tools to know exactly where to improve
- Pre-Call Planning/Strategizing: Manage time and focus, territory, key account list & planning, with a Top 10 targets focus
- Pipeline Management Proactively: Stages of the pipeline defined, with a focus on Status and Next Steps to advance each opportunity. Matched to align with the sales process, and integrates into CRM follow-thru
- Touch System: A value-based Touch System to grow trust relationships and to advance pipeline opportunities
- Value-Selling that Differentiates: Why your Company? Why you? How to create a unique Perception of Value. Develop a competitive advantage that sets you apart as unique and better
- Model the Masters & Mentoring: Ramp-up new hires quicker to productivity. Capture & use best sales practices, replicate and speed-up success
- Personality Styles: People are different. Train how to be more effective with more people by becoming more versatile to adjust accordingly
- Success Guide #1: Create a guide for Best Questions & Active Listening. Develop best questions for every step of your sales process. Train and practice them.
- Success Guide #2: Create a guide of your Top 5 Objections and Best Responses. Train and practice them.
- Success Guide #3: Create a guide of your Success Stories using relevant stories that illustrate solutions. Train and practice them.
- Sales Meetings: Meetings matter most when focused on Training & Skills development. Role Practice in-house or you are practicing on your customers.