Why do most sports teams run better than many sales teams?
Sports teams use a Playbook.They Build it:
- They Build it:
- They create their best practice plays to play the game at their highest level
- They Coach it:
- They coach to change mindset, attitude and behaviors
- They focus on HPAs (high payoff activities) and best practices
- They train and practice their Playbook every week to prepare and be game-ready
- They Manage it:
- They manage people to train, measure, develop and grow talent & skill
- They actively recruit the strongest talent they can get – ongoing
How does your sales team stack up?
If you don’t have a Sales Playbook – how much better would you be if you had one and used it?
Every Sales Playbook should have 2 segments
- Sales – key areas and content needed to increase focused sales execution.
- Sales Management – key areas to improve how sales leaders develop their team in Quality & Quantity and implement it consistently.
An important point!
Building buy-in: You, your Leaders and team will build massive buy-in by getting your people involved to develop it.
Flat out… it has more value to them when they build it and earn it. If it’s “given” to them from the corner office without their inputs and acceptance, it’s less meaningful.
Ultimately, a Playbook needs to get used to really be effective! Building buy-in will increase their usage!
Jack Daly and Dan Larson have co-authored The Sales Playbook for Hyper Sales Growth book that will be available on October 26 on Amazon! It teaches how to create your own customized sales playbook.
If you would like to have an executive sales coaching and strategy call, here’s what we will cover with you:
- Understand your situation, the main issues and what you’re trying to accomplish.
- Identify clearly what’s standing in your way and how it can be improved
- Help you figure out what to prioritize to lift your results quicker
Feel free to contact us at (800) 565-6516 or simply fill this out below to start a conversation.